To support the International Business Development Manager by developing ongoing profitable business with new and existing customers in international markets. To plan and implement proactive sales activities, to maintain, promote and develop sales of Canford’s range of equipment to major accounts, consultants, specifiers and end users within an agreed territory and to achieve agreed objectives.
LOCATION: Canford Audio Limited, Elliott House, Crowther Road, Washington, NE38 0BW, UK
HOURS: 37.5/Week, Monday to Friday. (office hours)
SALARY: Exceeds National Apprenticeship Rate
An excellent opportunity for progression and development
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To understand the sales lifecycle, techniques and processes;
• To understand the principles and ethics of sales, recognising the importance of delivering value to the customer;
• To achieve agreed Sales objectives in relation to turnover, profit margin and proactive customer contact
• Developing international business through cultivation of existing customers and identification, development of new customers.
• Developing business with existing customers by identifying opportunities, projects and proposing customer specific solutions
• Maintaining and developing existing and new customers through planned individual account support, regular contact including visits, and liaison with the internal international team.
• Effective reporting of Customer activity and potential spend, market trends and competition activity on regular basis.
• New Business development, identifying prospect accounts and securing ongoing business via good business relationships.
• Identifying new product opportunities and providing feedback to the Product Management team.
• Conducting market analysis on a country or region, followed by preparation of specific business plans and presentation to the International Business Development Manager.
• Reporting on Market activity and providing relevant information to the International Business Development Manager to aid strategic planning and annual forecasting.
• To attend product training sessions to maintain and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Handling inbound sales calls;
• Dealing with customer queries relating to both quotes and products, liaising with relevant departments;
• Assisting sales staff to identify and recommend solutions to customers’ requirements;
• To resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, and troubleshooting;
• Prioritising work, demonstrating flexibility and ability to work under pressure to progress sales, manage time and workflow;
• Building relationships with customers and providing a high level of customer service; maintaining and increasing sales.
• Communicate effectively with Line Manager and all other colleagues;
• Maintain a professional manner, ensuring the excellent customer service reputation at Canford Audio Limited is retained;
• Assist with the development of new systems and processes to enhance capability to achieve individual and departmental goals;
• To work within the Company’s policies and procedures;
• Willingness to work towards an Apprenticeship qualification;
• Willing to be trained on in-house and external product database to gain a thorough understanding of the portfolio of products available;
• Willingness to travel internationally and attend trade shows;
• Attend any training to comply with legislation & the development of the department.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
• Previous experience working in a busy Sales office (desirable)
• Maths and English A-C, or 9-4
Skills / Competencies:
• Effective written & oral communication
• Good attention to detail
• Logical & creative thinking
• Problem-solving skills
• Use own initiative
Ride 2 Work Scheme
and many more…